Sumber : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose
According to the Victorian "language of flowers", different colored roses each have their own symbolic meaning:
- Red: love * Pink: grace, gentle feelings of love
- Dark Pink: gratitude
- Light Pink: admiration, sympathy
- White: innocence, purity, secrecy, friendship, reverence and humility.
- Yellow: Yellow roses generally mean dying love or platonic love. In German-speaking countries, however, they can mean jealousy and infidelity.
- Yellow with red tips: Friendship, falling in love
- Orange: passion
- Burgundy: beauty
- Blue: mystery
- Green: calm
- Black: slavish devotion (as a true black rose is impossible to produce)
- Purple: protection (paternal/maternal love)