Monday, March 03, 2008

Ability VS Facility

This is the very first time for me where ability is way beyond facility. Usually in any companies, big or small, they usually have the facilities first then upgrade their human resource to meet the abilities needed by the facilities.

But todays, I really have problems with my works, since usually I'm working using .Net technologies, PHP, MySQL or SQLServer, todays, I have to work using a very old ages tools (ASP and Access). It's so funny feels like my skills wasted.

Luckily I have jobs out there that keeps me in tact with those technologies.

I'm ok with the ASP, even though it doesn't have the ability of OOP and there are not even one asp framework out there. But that's ok, just do it the old ways.

Now, I really concern about the database I'm going to use. On my other projects, mySQL, SQL Server and even Oracle got errors when deals lots of data. Now, I have to use Access! My god! the transaction itself will be 100 new records a day, and we use Access?!!!!

Damn! It's crazy to do that! How long an access database will hold with that high traffic? This is so so so so so stupid! If it wasn't my primary job, I'm not gonna accept this kind of projects!

I try to communicate it with my senior and my supervisor, but I don't know why, they just don't care!!!! This is a very big company with a very high traffic accessing the data stored in access!!! I don't know what to do. If I'm forcing myself to build the application using access, then I'm only gonna jeoperdising the operation process in the future! And I don't want that to be happen! It's not my fault! It's the superior fault who don't care about it!

Shit!

No comments: