Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm Back!

I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back! I'm Back!

After a very long time, after so . . . many times, after so . . . many years, I'm Back! Long time ago I'm using blogger/blogspot as my blog provider, but after knowing friendster, I moved my blog to friendster and enjoying many features that friendster provide.

Friendster it self growing so fast and become the most popular community sites that even big company like Microsoft, Google and Yahoo! cannot stop or slowing it down a little. Microsoft, Google and Yahoo! try to get friendster's market by creating their own community sites and provide people with their own blog provider.

Yahoo! creates Yahoo! 360, with blog provider integrated inside. I don't like it, too strict and there is not much you can customize.

Google has different approach to gather their facilities in a single google account. Even things sometimes feels not right, but I like google services because it offers enormous things that can be customize and modified, and google also has lot of services that free for us to use. Google has orkut as community builder and has blogspot in separate service for blog provider.

What about Microsoft? Gee, I'm suprise I don't know about this one. I don't like Microsoft.

So, after moving to the new office, we can't access friendster anymore, because most of employee spent more time updating their friendster rather than working. So, I have to find new blog to write something. I'm looking something similar like friendster blog (esp. can create categories). Back to blogspot is not an option, because it's very slow accessing it from here.

Then I heard about Yahoo! 360. I try, it's simple and not complicated, but the WYSIWYG editor errors in many times.

And now, I heard about blogspot beta, and I knew that new features will be available and hopefully creating category is one of the new features, and it is! It's just have a different name and only basic categories. They called it labels and It cannot have nested label, but you can have more than one labels in one posting. Great!

So I recall my memories and find my old blogspot username and password. I log in and see the difference right away.

Web 2.0 has boomed lately, Yahoo!, Google, Adobe and many big company racing to upgrade their web services to web 2.0 technology, and that's what happen in blogspot. Not only the administrative side changed to web 2.0, but also the templates and menus in the blog has already web 2.0.

Nice . . .

So time to back using blogspot? Definetly! I'm still hoping that blogspot will provide nested labels soon enough.

The biggest problem is how to move all the content from the previous blog to blogspot? Do I need them? Or just moving forward and forget the old post?

Reference :
Yahoo!
http://yahoo.com
http://360.yahoo.com

Google
http://google.com
http://blogspot.com
http://orkut.com

No comments: